Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Wednesday 19 May 2010

Managed to get out today - Brick session - that's Bike followed by a run. Headed up to Regents park as it's close and there's not too much traffic. Did about 90km cycle, main objectives were to keep the cadence up around 90/min. In the past I have favoured much lower rates so it's going to take a while for this to feel normal.

The theory is that if you are going to do some work better to split it into more easier amounts - each pedal stroke is easier but you need more of them.

Also wanted to keep heart rate (HR) below anaerobic - so for me less than 150
Finished with a few km's pedalling one legged - a lot worse on my left that my right


pretty choppy on the heart rate - hard to let others pass without giving a little bit of a chase

Came home and pushed son George in the buggie on a 9km run barefoot (in Vibram five finger shoes) http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/ I've been running in these on and off for about a year now - will talk about this later. 


Some stretching afterwards - just what i felt like - quads, hamstrings and ITB

No comments:

Post a Comment