Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Sunday 27 June 2010

Turbo Run brick

Warm up 15mins, session all at 90rpm+ with 10min breaks between each
20min (x 250w, x 240w, x230w, x 220w, x220w, x220w) total 3 hours

Run off bike 9km at IMP (trying a few of the new technique pointers!) 40mins

I have been trying to do this 250w x 20min session for a while now but only every managed to get two done - this time took the wattage down - think I should have done this weeks ago. Thinking about what wattage I could maintain for several blocks of 45mins as the big sessions coming up have that sort of duration as intervals. 50:50 whether these get done on the turbo or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment