Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Friday 3 June 2011

am Swim

400m warm up
10 x 50m as 25 solid 25 easy
25 x 100m on 30sec rest at IMP last 11 with pull and paddles
200m easy pull
8x50 slow catch up

Total 4.1km (that's probably the furthest i've ever gone)

Turned up at usual pool to find it was closed. Found another - good session as haven't swum for a while.
Found it hard to stick with my race pace but just managed it, certainly didn't get slower which is the main thing. There is so much to concentrate on technique wise. I focused on one thing at a time.
Rotation - this made a big difference
Horizontal in the water - raising feet a little more so on the surface. Head postion. Breathing with one goggle in the water (not lifting head)
My main area to improve today was dropping my right elbow - only at the end did I remember to internally rotate my arm which helped.
Feeling the water on entire length of forearm.
Had entry flat/little finger first (this is hard for me)

There's a great podcast i've been listening today, check it out. This is their race report after doing the comrades marathon in South Africa.

http://marathontalk.libsyn.com/rss

Afternoon Turbo

warm up 15mins
Set 2x20minx250Watts x 85-90rpm on 5mins recovery

1km run off bike (Right achilles a little dodgy)

No comments:

Post a Comment