Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Saturday 11 June 2011

Brick

Turbo 3hrs 15min
Within easy aerobic session 25min 220W x 80-85rpm on 5min recovery x 4
Held aero position for 4min with 1min off throughout (difficult!)
I am hoping that an hour aero position on the turbo is about as hard as two on the road. That has been my experience in the past.
Bit of right lateral knee pain sorted out by moving the shoe more laterally.
The aero position causes my heart rate to increase by about 3-5bpm - it's all a trade off.
Didn't want to go over threshold so for the last set messed around between 210 and 220W - just 5W makes a huge difference.





Run (off bike)
15km at IMP
Went off a little fast. Note to self choose different route on a Saturday afternoon! (tourists)
From this I think my ceiling heart rate should be 150 and pace 4min/km at the very most. Need to be super disciplined with this.


The usefulness of the blog really hit home. As the turbo got harder the negotiations that take place in your head become louder. Although no one will probably read it, it does give an extra degree of accountability which helps get the work done when it gets harder.








No comments:

Post a Comment