Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Thursday 30 June 2011

Swim

3 x 200m on 20sec easy aerobic
10 x 100m on 25sec rest at IMP
150m easy
10 x 100m on 25sec rest at IMP with pull buoy
150m easy
5 x 100m on 25sec rest at IMP with pull buoy and paddles

Total = 3.4km

The last set was meant to be 6 x 100m followed by 8 x 50m cool down but I ran out of time.
Really interesting adding in the buoy and then paddles. I have underestimated how much using paddles can teach you about technique. I found my stroke improved when I extended more as this led to better rotation and engaging the shoulder - the elbow discomfort I had been getting disappeared. Will revisit this.

Core

Usual 30 minute routine. Made extra difficult by Will climbing on me in just the wrong places at just the wrong time. I think he thought he was helping - bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment