Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Tuesday 28 June 2011

Swim

3km
All moderate pace. Of note:
50m x 5 with band round ankles - i'm getting better at this slowly.
50m x 7 single arm drill
500m with PT paddles
100m Butterfly - the most i've ever done without stopping is 75m so really pleased with this. I started this with a few friends last summer and we've all had varying success at increasing the distance.
I actually had what proper swimmers describe as "feel for the water" for the first time ever tonight. Things are looking up.

As an aside I have been looking into knee pain on the bike as I get the odd niggle. I think i have developed a rule of thumb;
Upper anterior pain (quad) - saddle too low
Posterior pain - (hamstrings) - saddle too high
Lateral knee pain - stance to narrow and too toed in
Medial knee pain - stance to wide
I'll do a bit more digging and see whether it holds true.

No comments:

Post a Comment