Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Tuesday 14 June 2011

Swim

600m easy
800m with every 3rd lap single arm stroke for 2 strokes (2 arm drill)
8 x 100m steady
4 x 200m with pull and paddles - 2 arm drill up, free style catch-up coming back.

Really enjoy doing the swimming drill work. I think psychologically I feel it is helping me to become a better swimmer whilst not being too hard cardiovascularly.
I mixed up the 8 x 100m and did - 75m butterfly straight (the best i've ever done), band round ankles, PT paddles etc,
The hardest thing I find is swapping between right and left arms with the 2 arm drill. When going from right arm to left my right looses it - I guess this is the whole point of the drill.
Great to see all the usual faces at the pool. Some time for a good chin wag as well.


Earlier in the day went for a Sauna for 30mins - Will tried out the creche for the first time and loved it as did the people looking after him and he made some new friends.
- with the Sauna i've been doing a bit of research into performance and acclimatisation - basically trying to get the sodium loses in sweat to drop, the sweat rate to go up and my ability to process fluid elevated - a bit of an experiment.

Ella sick with D&V so a lot of rushing around with all the evening feeding and bedtime preparations before I could get off to the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment