Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Friday 29 July 2011

Cycle

1 Hour - easy pace. This was meant to be a rest day. The program says "do not train" in big capital letters! I had to check out the position though as there's been so much chopping and changing. Took one wedge out of the left so now have the same on both sides angle wise and a 1mm shim on the left.

This is as boring for me to write as it is to read!

In the afternoon we drove up to Bolton and registered. It was amazing this year to get it done early without the crowds of people around. In recent years i've tried to follow the advice and get in and the expo early. At the first ironman I must have gone for a whole day.

There was a free bike mechanic available. For some reason I was nervous asking for the bike to be checked over. I've done all the work myself so it could have been fear of being found out for not doing a good job??? Anyway the desire to make sure it was OK over rode the ego.

No comments:

Post a Comment