Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Friday 1 July 2011

Turbo

- today was meant to be 80km with 3 x 15km at race pace followed by 10km run, 8km of which at race pace.
- Managed to do 1 x 15km but just wasn't happening. Went for a quick run round the block - now to get an early night.
- I had some good advice recently. Very often it's hard to tell if you are tired or just being lazy. The key is to start anyway and see what happens. More often than not you come good but if you don't it's ok to try another day and it's not laziness.
- I have had a lot going on today. It's amazing the impact non-physical things can have on the physical. Previously I would have pushed on but now I think there's more to risk than to gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment