Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Monday 15 August 2011

Turbo

10min warm up
4 x 10min at IMP (ironman pace) on 5min recovery
5min cool down

I was keen to do this session as it is the first following my bike fit at freespeed this morning. The bike fit was absolutely brilliant, extremely high-tec. It involved putting dots on various parts of your body. It could then be calculated where these dots were in 3D space in real time.
So instead of one angle at a time being measured a complete dynamic picture could be seen. Especially important is knee tracking as this can lead to lots of problems and has been responsible for me messing around with my position ad infinitum.
We took all the wedges out and went back to the starting point - to my surprise the tracking was pretty much spot on! So the rest of the time was spent getting me more aerodynamic. Raising the seat and getting me further forwards. Whilst keeping the hip flexor angle as open as possible so as not to compromise the run.
Richard was amazing, very patient, informative and passionate about getting it right. I have learnt a lot too and when i've more time I'll write more about this.
Bottom line, I can't recommend him enough.

The session tonight felt strange - a lot of movement has been made. It's going to take a while to get used to it. I think there's just enough time. My heart rate was normal for the effort, if anything a bit lower. The right leg was absolutely spot on, the left just a bit uncomfortable - I think this is down to me and the need to stretch the ITB etc,

When I get the report i'll post the before and after pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment