Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Turbo

1hr 20
Easy spinning with 30mins of single leg drill, 1min left 1min right leg repeated.
No fan on!

Sauna
30mins - I managed to do 15mins straight then 3x5min. I think the goal is to get this up to 30mins straight. It's also about getting used to processing a lot of fluid. Someone was in there with me rubbing Manuka honey on themselves - a bit weird. It was in Peckham so the talk was largely about the rioting.

The turbo was aimed at just keeping mobilised and doing a bit of drill that I had neglected. I've just booked in for a bike fit that's run by a fellow Serpentine runner - FREESPEED, it would be great if I could address that concern.

Did a bit of cycling in the day with Will in the cargo bike, and had to pick George up early from nursery - they were concerned about the troubles kicking off again.

Following yesterday's thoughts, I had a chat with a friend today. We decided rather than focus on "not getting injured" I will focus on "staying healthy"

No comments:

Post a Comment