Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Sunday 11 September 2011

Cycle
3hours - variable pace, laps round Regent's park.
Traffic dreadful!

Turbo
30mins warm up
60mins 200W 90rpm

Yoga
20mins working on back bends and hip mobility - still amazed I can eventually get into the lotus position (not for long though!)

Today was a bit of a compromise - I had a lot of paperwork to do so had to forgo the 180km cycle and 10km run that was in the schedule.
I was glad however for the time on the road as like before the position from the turbo didn't translate so well to the road. I've given up trying to work out why and just went back to how it was after the fitting.
The calorie counting app is proving to be interesting - I think it gets a little overwhelmed. I took in 4000 calories which it was telling me was too much. I can now see that is one of the problems when I reduce the training after a race - the appetite stays elevated for a while. It maybe of more use then.
Caught a little bit of the Rugby world cup. It brought back memories of some good times working out in Australia the year England won.


My friend Rob with a big Martin Johnson.


No comments:

Post a Comment