Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Wednesday 14 September 2011

Turbo
90mins
As 30min warm up
60min x 200W x 85rpm

A busy day, up at 04.30 for train to Manchester. Lunch with Mum.
Arrived home, Ella went for a run and I looked after George and Will.
The turbo intensity is down on what i'd normally do but intuitively it seemed right.
As I think more about the race in Bolton the more it looks like I went too fast on the bike in the first half. Then spending the rest of the race a little over-cooked. This may explain the leg cramps etc,
I've also been thinking a lot about the origins of the bike set up difficulties. i.e. get one leg right and the other feels out and vice versa. I went through it logically today and have come to the conclusion the psoas muscle is the likely culprit. Now I just have to work out what combination of  weak/strong and long/short on each side. I came off a motorbike at 17 and hit my back which makes the case even stronger.
Spent a fair bit of the later half of the day tired which i now know makes me insatiably  hungry.
This should be a the high volume week with a three week taper starting saturday. There's a lot going on so just doing what I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment