Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Monday 19 December 2011

Weight 71.4kg Fat 14.1%
I'll put these numbers up once a week, despite potential embarrassment. I raced Bolton this year at 66.9kg and about 8% so at least i'm floating better in the pool!


Turbo

Managed the break through session today so really pleased
4 x 5min x 300W on 5min recovery
The heart rate monitor was playing up - maybe that was a good thing.
The next step is 5 sets which would be fantastic. Following that a reduction in the recovery time but that's a long way away. The majority of the final set was spent at 165bpm - this is new ground for me whilst cycling.

Run technique training at the track tonight - cold and wet - It's a good sign if you can do these irrespective of the weather. The theme was thoracic mobility along with all the usual skipping etc,

No comments:

Post a Comment