Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Turbo

10 x 20-30 sec at 400-500W

There was a good program on Horizon (BBC) last night. I've known about the issues they raised for a long time but not given them much thought - basically most fitness benefits can be achieved from 3x20sec maximal efforts every other day!

This got me thinking
1. what sort of wattage would this be for me?
2. i've had such a good response to the 5min intervals maybe I should see whether shorter (neuromuscular adaptation) would help as well.

So after a warm up I played around from 400 to 500W doing 1min at first and then cutting the time and increasing the watts. 500W x 20sec seems about right.

(Run 10km total)
Ran over to friend's house and went round the park a couple of times (3.5km total). He wants to get fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment