Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Swim

5km - the furthest ever for me.

Finally got the long swim in. 200 lengths, the second 100 went fast. The plan was to do 4.5km but I felt good and pushed on. One thing I did get was lower back pain - this was made worse when kicking off the wall.
I think I was hyperextending so need to look at that. I tried engaging the glutes more and that helped. As did extending further forwards on hand entry - basically just trying to straighten out.
The best thing about it was having two breakfasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment