Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Wednesday 11 April 2012

Watt's per Kg table

Turbo

Warm up 10mins
345W x 2min x 90rpm x 2 on 3min recovery

I've had a couple of big days (swim and run) so decided to do a short sharp bike. I was wondering where I am cycling wise - there are some tables that look at the amount of watts you can produce per Kg body weight.



So 5W/kg would be 345W for me - I thought i'd give it a go and see how long I could keep that going; 2mins was plenty. I'll revisit it soon. A lot of the challenge is mental, it's hard to do well when you're thinking this is going to be hard right from the start. 

An all rounder cyclist would have all their Watts/Kg along a straight line. My 5min and 1 hour(FT) are but my 1min and 5sec are well below. This would make sense considering i've trained for endurance. I "should" be able to do 8x69=550W for 1 min and 15.88x69=1095W for 5 seconds. Maybe working on this shorter end would help to bring the longer ones up. 

Bottom line is i'd love to be able to do cat 1 - but that is doing for an hour what I can only do for 2mins right now! It's unbelievable. Maybe the turbo's not reading correctly (joke)

No comments:

Post a Comment