Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Saturday 4 August 2012

Cycle
- 20mile easy cycle out into countryside. I'm starting to formulate a plan for next year.
1. 10miles today was before eating. The plan is to gradually increase the distance each week/fortnight to get the fat burning up.
2. I need to make sure I don't neglect the road miles as I have done for the past few seasons. This should mean I get my position much better without the pre-race changes
3. I will start with getting as aero as possible - all the spacers out at the front and see how it feels.
4. Need to look around for a power meter. Most people at the race in Spain had them - they just locked into a power they knew they could maintain and that was it.
5. Big focus on the gym to try and get my strength balanced out.

Now the race is over I can try a few things the physio has recommended - duct tape to big toe and pull it with rope! to try and mobilise it - did this today, as crazy as it sounds it just might work.
Gym - 30mins legs and core
Swim - 20mins drill

No comments:

Post a Comment