Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Sunday 13 July 2014

1 Week to go

Cycle 50miles

With a week to go it was time to get the bike sorted out - so maintenance in the morning and then test it out in the afternoon.

All the jobs were due to the change to a compact set up (smaller chain rings on the front)
1. Change back cassette - i've been looking forward to this as I have an old one that costs over £200 new and it just sits in a draw.
2. New chain - this always makes me nervous. Is it too short / too long when you commit to it there's no going back. It took me 2 hours to get the master link to come apart. So straight onto wiggle once it was done to order the proper tool for next time.


The jobs went well - tested it all out on a ride to Rob's house 25miles away. A quick game of cricket with his son Rafe. Tried out the new Kask Bambino hat - not bad.


So approx. half an ironman cycle - should be able to do double that next weekend. A bit of a swim and a long walk and it's done.

Germany Argentina tonight. 




No comments:

Post a Comment